If you would like information in another language, other than Spanish, please call MOVE at (209) 672-1143. For persons who are hearing impaired or disabled, please dial 711 for California Relay.
What is BRIDGES?
Our volunteer driver program, BRIDGES, provides mileage reimbursement to individuals who are unable to drive or use public transit. Eligible participants select a volunteer driver, usually a friend, family member or neighbor to drive them to destinations such as medical appointments, grocery stores, and social activities. Each month, participants will receive $0.50 per mile to reimburse their volunteer driver.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be an individual with a disability or senior citizen who is unable to drive;
- Be unable to use other forms of transportation (such as buses); and
- Reside in Stanislaus County.
How does it work?
- Call 209-672-1143 to complete an eligibility interview with BRIDGES staff.
- A committee will review your application to determine if you are eligible.
- If eligible, find your volunteer driver such as a friend, family member or neighbor who is 21 years or older.
- Keep track of your trips and miles online or by using the trip log that we will provide.
- Submit your trip log at the end of each month online or by mail.
- You will be reimbursed $0.50 for each mile.
- Once you receive your reimbursement check, pay your driver.
How do I sign up?
Call us at 209-672-1143 to complete an eligibility interview with BRIDGES staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view FAQs