What is BRIDGES?
Our volunteer driver program, BRIDGES, provides mileage reimbursement to individuals who are unable to drive or use public transit. Eligible participants select a volunteer driver, usually a friend, family member or neighbor to drive them to destinations such as medical appointments, grocery stores, and social activities. Each month, participants will receive $0.50 per mile to reimburse their volunteer driver.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be an individual with a disability or senior citizen who is unable to drive;
- Be unable to use other forms of transportation (such as buses); and
- Reside in Stanislaus County.
How does it work?
- Apply online or fill out an application and send it to us by email or mail.
- A committee will review your application to determine if you are eligible.
- If eligible, find your volunteer driver such as a friend, family member or neighbor who is 21 years or older.
- MOVE will pay to have your driver fingerprinted and background checked.
- Once your driver has passed the background check, you may schedule trips at a time that is convenient for both you and your driver.
- Keep track of your trips and miles online or by using the trip log that we will provide.
- Submit your trip log at the end of each month online or by mail.
- You will be reimbursed $0.50 for each mile.
- Once you receive your reimbursement check, pay your driver.
How do I sign up?
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view FAQs