What is VetsVan?
In partnership with Stanislaus County’s Area Agency on Aging and Veterans Service Office (VSO), MOVE operates VetsVan. This is a no-cost program where rides are provided by volunteer drivers to medical appointments. The VetsVan program is designed primarily for homebound Veterans in Stanislaus County, but also considers disabled Veterans who have had a loss of independence and are not capable of taking other forms of transportation, due to their medical condition.
Volunteers drive vans that are provided by the program and will travel to VA Stockton, VA Livermore, VA Palo Alto, and other VA approved facilities in Northern California. Some rides are provided in our local area if other sources of local transportation are unavailable. VetsVan is prepared to accommodate mobility devices and we do our best to meet the needs of our disabled Veterans. Please call us with any questions.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a homebound or disabled Veteran (see details above)
- Be unable to use the VA shuttle or other forms of transportation
- Reside in Stanislaus County
How does the eligibility process work?
- Call MOVE to complete a verbal intake form with the VetsVan Program Coordinator to see if you qualify
- If eligible, rides will be scheduled to medical appointments with one of our volunteer drivers